SC Laminorul SA Braila is a large commercial company, specialising in processing ferrous metals in their primary and semi-finished state.
Since its creation after the WWI, the company had become a part of the town’s history. Being an important source of employment, having a low cost land for construction, having a possibility of raw materials import by river (thus keeping the low transport costs) - all of these have resulted in an almost century long non-stop industrial activity.
SC Laminorul SA Braila came into existence in 1923 and at the time was called “David Goldenberg and Sons” under the Corporate Body Agreement N 136/17.01.1923. The Company, situated in Transilvania street, was first producing drawn wire, nails and hard components. In 1927 a greater variety of products was introduced, including chains, bolts and rivets.
In 1928 a private body “Industria Sarmei”, Kluzh, asked the Mayor’s Office of Braila for land for the purpose of mill construction, which it got the next year free of charge by the Decision of Municipal Board under N 02695/ 11.02.1929. The first wire and sorting mill comes into existence in Muntenia (the territory from South Carpathian to Danube) on a 5 hectare land, in the region known as Osaria.